Friday, January 17, 2014

Thaipusam, Batu Caves 2014

It touched my heart deeply when for the 1st time I'd anticipated the Thaipusam celebration at Batu Caves in 2013, so I've decided to come again this year and seek for the blessings from Lord Muruga. I took the KTM from Sentul this morning for another glimpse of intense crowd and overwhelming feeling of humbleness. Just 4 stations away that cost RM2, I suggest you guyz to bring along your touch n go card as on my way back, the queue for train tickets are crazy. Luckily I bought mine so it was an easy pass through. 


Upon reaching Batu Caves station, it was just a stone away to the temple. As I was walking through the massive crowd with hundreds of stalls selling from vegetarian foods, sweets to sarees and prayers item, I could also hear the loud chanting of 'Vel' Vel' with colourful kavadi. 



As some of you are aware that Thaipusam is a Hindu festival celebrated mostly by the Tamil community but it has also been widely spread that includes Chinese, Sikh or even foreigners are participating this sacred and holy day as well. Till this very day, I am still amazed of this whole process. Truly an unique festival that seeking for God's grace and blessing to destroy bad traits.

I went straight to the temple at the foot of the 272 steps stairs and pray for blessing and ask for forgiveness from the Almighty. It was a very humbling experience as one the trance devotee placed the kum kum on my forehead. I felt the presence of peace and liberation. As if some of the burden were lifted off from my shoulder. 
He placed the kum kum on my forehead and I remembered my late grandma..miss u Patti





The same lady I saw last year





Another familiar faces that took the route to the caves


My vegetarian brunch at Rm3.50..yummy
A video clip for your viewing on the anticipation at Batu Caves during Thaipusam this morning.
Like piercing my soul almost effortlessly, Batu Caves was smoked with great energy of redemption and inner peace. I don't really know how to describe the feeling, but I certainly felt the force and spirit of enlightening. It's like giving me so much strength to feel so alive.  As the chant of 'Vel Vel' breaking the air enthusiastically, goosebump was crawling in me. A miracle and unexplained mystery of the devotees being in trance, I could just stop and stare with astonishing feeling of inspiration. I am certainly blessed and lucky to be raised as a Hindu. Om!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...